Let's Talk About Pokemon - Spearow and Fearow

 


That's just how I look for the first 30 minutes out of bed.

021: Spearow

Now I wasn't lying when I said pretty much every Poke-bird is better than Pidgey. So here's Spearow. It's better, in the sense that it has a little more going for it. I could take or leave the ruffled feather face, but it does give Spearow the more aggressive look it should have. Though ever since I've realized something, it's bugged me. Pidgey's the Pokemon based on a sparrow, yet Spearow is the Pokemon with a sparrow-inspired name. The heck?

One fear.

022: Fearow

Fearow stands out a lot more than Pidgeot does as a fully evolved bird. It's pretty rough around the edges, but in a good way. I could say the bird's a little under appreciated. If only just a little bit. It's hard to get a read on what kind of bird Fearow is. It's kind of a melting pot of a bunch of large, predatory birds. It's a little bit of vulture, some stork. Maybe a bit of crane? (Albeit they aren't predators) And the comb of a chicken. Why not?

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Fearow. I like how gangly and crooked its neck looks, as well as the aggressive tufts of feathers, making it look a little more wild than Pidgeot.

Personal Score: 6/10


Prev           Archive            Next



Comments