Let's Talk About Yu-Gi-Oh! - Stone Armadiller

 

Entry 042: Stone Armadiller Two-'Fer

If I had a nickle for every time I reviewed a monster that was called an armadillo but looked like a pangolin, I'd have two nickles. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?

I almost sense a bit of Sandslash inspiration in this one. This pangolin-esque monster is a cool anthro thing with huge, meaty claws and covered in a rad scaly hide. It even looks a bit like a cross between a pangolin and a lizard, with some of its scales even looking a bit feathery like a dinosaur. It's overall rad and cool! The only detail that breaks it for me is the rather cartoonish spiked dog collar it's wearing, which looks majorly out of place to me in a way that's extremely distracting.


Who let these kids on the ice?!

The recolor paints it as a much more typical green color for some lizard creature. The proportions also feel a bit off, but I guess at least the collar is black and stands out less, so it's a little more ignorable?

Personal Score: 7.5/10


Prev           Archive            Next


Got your own input? Leave a comment!


Comments