Let's Talk About Pokemon - Aerodactyl

 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIdLLc8s-E

142: Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl I just find overall disappointing. I really like pterosaurs, but Aerodactyl doesn't deliver for me. The drab colors to the overall generic appearance doesn't lend anything to really grab me. It's a shame cause it could've been so much cooler.


Of course, we don't know for sure what extinct creatures looked like, so it's not entirely fair to compare Aerodactyle to actual rhamphorhynchus, but I still feel like Aerodactyle here is just way less interesting to look at than an actual toothed pterosaur. And that just, to me, feels like a bit of a stumble when making fictional creatures based on real animals. And... eh, in general, I'm not a fan of that big goofy underbite on something that's clearly trying to look cool and badass.

Personal Score: 4/10


Maybe you shoulda gone for cybernetic enhancements instead.

Mega Aerodactyl:

This is easily one of the best examples of what Megas are like at their worst. Tacking on a bunch of stony bits and bobs was not the way to fix Aerodactyl. I feel like it's trying to go for an evil goatee sort of look, but not enough is there to make me feel it's on purpose. I guess it has SOMETHING to it now, but that something is still weird little stone zits. Yeah, nothing about this is jiving with me, it just feels like it was designed in a rush. I hate to say I like this one even less, but that's just how it be, I'm afraid.

Personal Score: 3/10


Prev           Archive            Next


Got your own input? Leave a comment!

Comments