Let's Talk About Pokemon - Goldeen and Seaking

 


Hey, that's not gold! I want a refund!

118: Goldeen

Goldeen is a koi fish with a horn, and that's about all there is to it. It definitely feels like another "filler" Pokemon, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but just as another Pokemon to fill out the world's biodiversity just because we could use more "basic fish" Pokemon than just Magikarp. I do like its coloration, but admittedly little else about it stands out to me very much.


See which king?

119: Seaking

Again, Seaking's coloration is neat, but I'm not vastly impressed otherwise. It is once again kind of just a fish with a horn and little else going on, but that pattern it has really is commendable. Like, it genuinely looks like a fish's scale color pattern in a way I don't see most other fish Pokemon capturing, so kudos on that!

Personal Score: 6/10


Prev           Archive            Next


Got your own input? Leave a comment!

Comments