Let's Talk About Pokemon - Marill and Azumarill

 


I love my ball.

183: Marill

Marill is another of the bunch that was teased plenty early on in advance, namely as one of the main cast's main Pokemon. Marill isn't the most terribly exciting Pokemon though. It's a cute little water mouse. It got called "Pikablu" a lot back in the day, but in retrospect its similarities to Pikachu MAY have been incidental? Its hard to tell since it also has a zig-zag tail. I feel like I might've preferred the Pikaclones in the future had gone more in Marill's direction where they're just little Pikachu-like creatures of different Types entirely. Though I suppose the secondary typings they've been getting lately are fair enough too.

Apparently, its tail is buoyant, giving it a way to dive underwater and always have a way back up to the surface. That's pretty neat!


You know he ate the egg

184: Azumarill

Azumarill doesn't stand out a ton on its own. It's taller and has more rabbit-like ears, and that's the gist of it. I do like the bubbly, almost Easter egg-like pattern on its belly at least. I think the only thing I'd outright change about it would be to make the ball on its tail bigger, since it no longer looks like it's good at being buoyant for the big guy. Though even then, Azumarill would still just be decent.

Personal Score: 6/10


Prev           Archive            Next


Got your own input? Leave a comment!

Comments